Monday, February 8, 2010

I'm here

As my plane landed in Vancouver I became extremely excited as I was entering another country to work the Olympics. I was able to go through Customs very smoothly. I was met by some Asbury people upon arriving at my hotel who helped me go pick up my credentials so I could start work the next day. It's been really cool to see how even in Canada us Asburians greeting each other with friendly hugs as we see each other for the first time after traveling across the country.

Today was my first day of work we got done early today so that gave me a chance to see the town of Whistler in the day time. Whistler is a nice little town, everyone walks everywhere and it is very much a ski town with people sitting outside on patios in 20 degree weather.

After work tonight a bunch of us went out to eat right here in Whistler and just had a good time chatting about our days and what positions we have and just fellowshipping. Now I believe it is time for bed as we start around 8:30 tomorrow morning, actually later than this morning.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you made it in okay. What a journey it's been already and the Olympics haven't even started yet.

    ReplyDelete