Wednesday, February 24, 2010

God's Beautiful Creation

So I had the day off today. I have been wanting to do this Gondola ride called peak to peak for some time now. You take a Gondola ride up to the top of Whistler mountain and then another Gondola from the Peak of Whistler to the Peak of Blackcomb. Well myself and a friend of mine really wanted to do this but were waiting for nice weather. Today for both of us it was our last day off so we decided to do it regardless of the weather and the money. God blessed us and we got to do it for free but that's a story for when I get back to the states and see all of you. As we embarked on the 25 min. Gondola ride up the mountain we could see the earth beneath us and clouds above us, when we arrived at the top of Whistler moutain it was sunny and clear with Blue skies. This amazed us how this was even possible. We took the Gondola across the two peaks, it was breathtaking, we were literally surrounded my mountains, if only I could of took a 360 degree picture you could see it. Pictures just don't do this experience justice. It was amazing to see God's Creation like this. We got to go to the top of Whistler and Blackcomb mountain 2 of the most intense/famous mountains in the world. I am so glad I finally got to do this while I was here. It was wonderful also being with a fellow asburian because we could both see just how amazing this was being able to see this. Many people dream about being able to see mountains like my friend Rachael and I did today. You know those movies and dreams where mountains are everywhere, yea it was like that. We even got to walk around a bit on the top of both mountains and look out over the world, it was quite an experience. I tried to upload a picture to here, but it's not working, I will try again later, there will be pictures on my facebook of peak to peak after the Olympics are over

No comments:

Post a Comment