Saturday, February 27, 2010

Bittersweet feelings

Well the Olympics is almost over and the fact that this time was really almost over hadn't really hit me until last night when I received a phone call from one of our ski jump workers as she was sitting in detroit waiting for the plane to leave for lexington, at that point, knowing that we had Asburians who just a few hours earlier were in whistler were now in the states, it started to hit me, this time is almost over. As I recieved the text saying the plane had landed in Lexington KY, I realized that reality is back and it came back hard. Over the last 24 hours we have had people leaving heading back to the states now you would think this would be an exciting time but yet it's not as we have to go back to the busy schedules of classes and what not and also leaving the people we have met up here who we may never ever see again. It's bittersweet because work finally stops and we can some time to rest, however we have all fallen in love with this little town called Whistler to the point most of us would be quite happy living here. Now comes the time to leave what has been our home for the last three or four weeks. You wouldn't think you could call a place home in that short amount of time, but we could. I can see many of us returing to this place one day as we continue our journy through life. For me Reality strikes back Monday evening as I'll fly back to the states. However we may have postponed reality for one more day as on tuesday night many of us are going to try and get together and just have one last night of not worrying about classes or homework or what has to get done, as I have said in other posts we have had an incredible experience up here and we hate to see it end, but we all came into this job knowing that it was only temporary and I feel like that is one thing God has taught many of us, is things change all the time and they are not always easy as there are 50 of us going through another major change in our life. Well I will try to write tomorrow but may not be able to in which case I will be back in KY tuesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment