Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's Over...

Well my time at the Olympics as officially come to a close as I sit here in my dorm room typing this. My flight was overnight and God was amazing through it all, even though I was delayed about an hour and a half in Vancouver, I still made it to Lexington right on time as well as my luggage. I'm still not sure how my luggage made it being that I literally had 10 min. in the San Francisco airport. As I flew across the sky I slept a lot but began to realize that after spending a month in the real world I would have to go back to school and classes just so I can come back to the real world in five or six months. Traveling can be very tiring especially when it's overnight, by the time I got to Chicago I was exhausted and I just wanted to get to Lexington as fast as possible to stop traveling. After a very long flight, I came off the plane into baggage claim and there was a very close friend of mine, who was picking me up, standing there with open arms to welcome me home to lexington. That is such a great feeling after a long trip across the country. As we drove back to school we reflected on this time we have had in Canada and know that this is something we will all remember for the rest of our lives. In a few hours tonight some of us are getting together for one final horrah before classes start in the morning, we went into this with it feeling like a dream, and now that we are back, being back feels like a dream because we got so used to living in Canada. I am so thankful though that I have great friends at Asbury that I have been able to share this journey with and tonight after our party we start our new journey together as we all finish out school in the next semester or two. New journey you say? yes new journey. Working in the real world full time we have realized that we are ready for the real world and cannot wait for it, we are ready to leave the school world and start our lives, hence why after tonight we start a new journey and I thank the Lord everyday that I have people who are sharing this journey with me. The Olympic Journey is over and it was incredible and now it is time to start a new journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment